The results of the environmental review will guide the Eco-Schools Committee, the principal and teaching staff to further integrate the Eco-Schools themes into the existing curriculum.
Schools should identify specific areas of the curriculum that will enable students to:
- Enhance their learning experience;
- Develop informed attitudes;
- Develop skills (such as critical thinking, problem solving, communication, observation, classifying, recording results, numeracy);
- Transfer skills across curriculum subjects;
- Develop connections between environmental issues;
- Develop Global Citizenship
By letting students know why the work they are doing is important, and showing them where it fits in on a local and global scale, they can better appreciate its value, and are more motivated to do their part.