LCC GO GREEN (COMMUNITY SERVICE) “POU ENE L’HIVER PLI CHAUD”
1.1 PROJECT GOAL
The aim of the project is to help the needy through an eco- friendly action that will benefit both the social and environment platforms.
The objectives are as follows:
- To reduce textile waste for a better environment.
- To assist homeless to have a better living condition.
- To help the homeless to develop their self- esteem.
There are various reasons for being categorized as needy families and some main factors are lack of affordable housing, unemployment, family issues, poverty, no access to education and health care, unhygienic conditions and low wages.
The Project -Pouenel’hiverplichaud has been worked out to provide warmth to needy families from Loreto college Curepipe and St Joseph college and old aged nuns with the support of LCC Go Green and St Joseph Eco Club.
The quilt will bring a small but significant benefit to these families on the social aspect and environmentally, as it promotes a greener Mauritius through recycling.
2.1 DESCRIPTION OF THE ACTIVITY
Inspired by a video on YouTube and through recycling and conversations from friends, the project will be carried out to prepare quilts for the homeless and old aged nuns by recycling remains of fabrics.
Meeting with LCC manager, eco mentors of LCC Go Green Club and teachers of FashionDept to discuss on the assistance of the members and students of Loreto College Curepipe to help to braid the textile waste as volunteers.
- Meeting with management of Laguna Clothing Mauritius Ltd and presentation of the project.
- Meeting will all stakeholders ( textilewaste, waht, thread and machine)
- Setting up of stitching corner at LCC so that volunteers as well as eco agents can work.
girls posting with the prototype quilt.